Fundraising for the construction of the new science building began in 1897, the year the city of Holland was celebrating its fiftieth anniversary. Dedicated on September 16,1903, the building, named Van Raalte Hall in honor of the founder of the city and college, Reverend Albertus C. Raalte, met the needs of the growing science departments.
All images are provided for personal and educational use. Users planning to reproduce and/or publish images must request permission from the Hope College Archives. To order a reproduction or for more information about this image, please contact: email@example.com
Van Heest, Valerie (Ed.). (2009). A Century of Science: Excellence at Hope College. Holland, MI: Hope College.; page 22